The Staff Room Coronavirus Policy Statement
We take our clients, candidates and staff safety very seriously so with the recent Coronavirus outbreak the following measures have been put in place to minimise spread and ensure public safety.
1) All candidates are screened during the telephone vetting process (before interview) and once again during interview. They are asked if they or anyone else in their household has coronavirus symptoms. Candidates will be advised to self-isolate and follow advice provided by Public Health England/NHS, as below:
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- New and continuous cough - coughing a lot for more than an hour, or having three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- Fever - a temperature above 37.8C
- Change in smell or taste - either you cannot taste or smell anything, or these senses are different to normal
Most people with Coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
• Stay at home (self-isolate for 10 days) – do not leave your home or have visitors. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also self-isolate.
• Get a test – get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, should also get a test if they have any symptoms.
Anyone living in a household where someone is showing symptoms should stay at home for 10 days. If they then become ill then they must continue to isolate for 10 days from when they first showed their own symptoms.
2) Any candidates that have symptoms or someone in their household has symptoms, will not be considered for registration, until they provide sufficient proof they are no longer ‘at risk’ of spreading the Coronavirus.
3) All current and new Staff Room candidates will have completed COVID-19 awareness training.
4) All current and new candidates will be provided with information and guidance regarding Coronavirus symptoms and hygiene best practice. They will also be asked to adhere to the specific hygiene protocol’s implemented by individual client sites.
5) A Staff Room agency workers risk assessment has been produced to provide a general risk assessment for agency workers. This has been sent to all our supply teachers and support staff.
6) At the point of booking in an agency worker, the agency worker will be asked if they have any COVID-19 symptoms. If they confirm they have symptoms, they will not be booked in and asked to immediately contact NHS track and trace. They will not be provided with further work until they provide sufficient proof they are no longer ‘at risk’ of spreading the Coronavirus.
7) On every booking a candidate will be sent the assignment schools latest Covid-19 school risk assessment and asked to confirm via email that they have read and understood the risk assessment and accept the terms of the booking before the assignment starts.
8) During an assignment, should we be made aware of any worker that shows any of the above symptoms they will be asked to stay at home and follow the latest guidance.
9) Should we be made aware a candidate has tested positive to COVID-19 we will contact all schools they have worked in during the last days.
10) All teachers and support staff have been given advice and guidance regarding rapid flow tests and have been advised by The Staff Room to take a test twice a week.
11) We have created a website page https://www.thestaffroom.org.uk/coronavirus-latest-update to provide up-to-date guidance and helpful links for all our staff to access. Text notifications will be sent to all staff when the page is updated with new guidance.
12) Due to the ever-changing situation the requirements and restrictions will be amended and reviewed on a daily basis.
If you have any queries relating to the above, please do not hesitate to contact the Staff Room team on 01604 633234. We will be more than pleased to answer any of your questions.